These days.....

These days you will find a lot of my posts and photographs reflecting my journey through grief. Of course there may be some other stuff along the way. Guess we will just have to wait and see where this journey takes us.

Phenomenal Woman

Over the next little while I am going to be thinking and posting about my Momma and share with you why she was such a phenomenal woman. I imagine some of you will learn things about her that you never knew. For others, it will remind you of why you too thought she was phenomenal. Blessings to you all on your journeys.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Momma loved to travel

In my adult years I was so blessed to be able to travel with my Mom & Dad from time to time.  One trip I have been remembering lately is our trip to Washington, DC in 2007.  We were going to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Assembly in DC to work with Samaritan Ministry (an HIV/AIDS ministry.  We decided to drive up to Washington by way of the Outer Banks of NC.  It was a wonderful trip and I have wonderful memories and a few photos.

Momma waving from the comfort of her car.
We spent the first night in Wilmington, NC, had breakfast with an old family friend and then made a bee line to catch the ferry to Ocracoke.  Below is a picture of my Momma enjoying the ferry ride from the backseat of her Maxima.  We spent one night on Ocracoke at The Pony Inn (I think).  As an adult I paid my own way so I got to have my own room at the hotels and I know that made the trip more enjoyable for us all....but we loved the time we spent.

Ocracoke Lighthouse
We took our time driving - stopping along the way - taking pictures, looking at the wild ponies, eating seafood - whatever we wanted to do.  It was so relaxing and wonderful.  We stopped by all the lighthouses too - I guess my favorite is the Hatteras Lighthouse with its wonderful history and the great story of how it was moved.

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
I have such great memories from that trip.

I love you Momma and I miss you so much!

Bodie Island, Outer Banks, NC

No comments: