These days.....

These days you will find a lot of my posts and photographs reflecting my journey through grief. Of course there may be some other stuff along the way. Guess we will just have to wait and see where this journey takes us.

Phenomenal Woman

Over the next little while I am going to be thinking and posting about my Momma and share with you why she was such a phenomenal woman. I imagine some of you will learn things about her that you never knew. For others, it will remind you of why you too thought she was phenomenal. Blessings to you all on your journeys.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Longing for Tybee - Longing for Momma

This is absolutely one of my favorite pictures of my sister and my Mom.  You can see and feel how much they love each other and me, the photographer.
Ann & Mom at Tybee, November, 2006
Tybee Island, 1956
I remember the night after Momma's surgery I had to call Ann with the bad news.  I could barely speak the words - cancer....no treatment....it won't be long.  Almost simultaneously we said to each other - "We have to get Momma to the beach again.  We will start working on that right away."  That night I had every confidence that we would get her to the beach one more time.  Somehow I found great comfort in believing that Mother would dip her toes in those salty waters one last time. (of course there was no time for the beach - there was hardly time to say goodbye).

Tybee Sunrise, 2006
Momma loved these sunrises.  Like me she didn't not love getting up early but we sure did love to see those glorious sunrises.  On those days at Tybee when no one was up but me, I would turn the coffee pot on, grab my cameras and head for the beach.  After I finished with my photography and my walk, I would drive down to the store and pick up a couple of newspapers.  Sometimes I would get back so early no one would be up, but it would not be long before Mother was up puttering around in the kitchen.

I miss my Momma but you already know that.  My sister tells me that writing will help my heart begin to heal. I hope that who ever reads this may find some comfort or inspiration or something.  Blessings to all you who are on this journey with me - and if you are reading then you are with me and I thank you.

Tybee Beach, Thanksgiving, 2006
Pelicans at Sunrise, Tybee, November, 2006
Tybee Sunset, Thanksgiving, 2002
From my heart to heaven - I love you Momma.

No comments: