These days.....

These days you will find a lot of my posts and photographs reflecting my journey through grief. Of course there may be some other stuff along the way. Guess we will just have to wait and see where this journey takes us.

Phenomenal Woman

Over the next little while I am going to be thinking and posting about my Momma and share with you why she was such a phenomenal woman. I imagine some of you will learn things about her that you never knew. For others, it will remind you of why you too thought she was phenomenal. Blessings to you all on your journeys.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Momma's Earbob

Momma's ear-bob has been sitting on my desk for a while now.  I like to pick it up and hold it and feel it.  It makes me feel close to Momma.  After I took the picture and posted it on Facebook I started trying to remember when I got it and brought it to the office.  It finally dawned on me - I found in the midst of the debris of Marlin's burned apartment.  I remember now - I picked up up out of the ashes of one of Marlin's boxes.  I showed it to Marlin and we wept.  I dropped it down into my pocket and then somehow I got it cleaned up and it ended up in my office on my desk.  So now, I pick it up from time to time - sometimes I press it against my cheek - cherishing the memories of my sweet Momma.  This week as we marked off the fifth month of her passing - I still can't wrap my mind and my heart around it all.  So I just hold the memories close and know that one of these days I will see her again.

1 comment:

macon church said...

Isn't it great to have little keepsakes like that